Thread: Our Trip To PCB

Default Our Trip To PCB

We arrived late Wed, the 8th. We stayed at The Summit. The room smelt like mold and mildew! I immediately stopped up and thought if this is what it's gonna be like for the next 4 days, I'd rather be home! Due to our late arrival the office was already closed and there wasn't anything we could do but live with it. The next morning I woke bright and early and headed down to the office where they were more than happy to let me look at another room. It was much nicer without the smell..however I prefer to stay on the third floor or higher (due to being able to see everything) my step son is terrified of elevators so I comprimised and the new room just happened to be on the 1st floor. I loved the convience of being just steps away from pool & ocean but missed the early & late views of my surroundings from above. Still we had a great time and ate some wonderful food! The seaweed was terrible our entire trip! If you could get past the seaweed it was rather clear beyond..however, when i went in for the day and showered I had a terrible time getting the seaweed that stuck to me and my bathing suit off. A little to sacrifice for a lot of good fun & great memories. For those of you going down soon my wish is that the ocean clears up for you all. I hope to get back down there soon cause I sure didn't want to come back home & back to the "real" world!!

Virtual Local

Glad you had fun, Farm Girl. That's good that you got your room situation worked out. I'm going down at the end of this week, and I'm already hoping and praying the seaweed isn't bad. Even if it is, it will still be a wonderful trip, I'm sure. I know two weeks from now, I will wish I could come back to this moment and have my trip a week ahead of me instead of a week behind me!
    Aun in Anniston

I'm here now and the seaweed is still pretty nasty. Still better than looking at cornfields, though! I'll take it.
    "It all depends on the day. "

Aun - hopefully the seaweed will be long gone when you arrive! Have a great time!!

Aquarian, It's great that you are finally down there. Hope you find a place you love quickly.
    You can't take it with you so you might as well spend it.