Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lobster Fest 09(yes I know it's still Jan)

Virtual Local

Default Lobster Fest 09(yes I know it's still Jan)

So does anyone have the dates yet????

I had started a strand last year about maybe trying to get as many people together there at one time as possible(family reunion). I'm reopening the idea. Anyone game for trying to plan something for Lobster Fest??????
    Life is what you make of it. Learn, grow and change for the better no matter your age.

Virtual Local

Default Re: Lobster Fest 09(yes I know it's still Jan)

Morning Rosemary,

Sounds like a great idea. Dates would be helpful, as September is when we always come but we seem to just miss Lobsterfest.

If dates were available we could plan much better. I think Pressley is down in PCB about that same time as well.
    Changes in latitudes.....

Virtual Local

That sounds like fun. As Dealer said dates would help in planning. We usually are down late spring and again late August. Should be able to slip down for a couple of days after that.

Ro keep the idea afloat and maybe there will be a good response

Virtual Local

Looks like the 18 19 20 th of sept

Registered Member

Ohhh..Yessss.. I am looking forward to my Sept visit this year. I always take long walks up and down the beach and stop frequently at Schooners for a refill. Lobesterfest is a blast!

Virtual Local

Ro let me know I will be there Not sure if I will eat Lobster but love to get with nice people drink & be merry
    "Now a LOCAL and loving it"

tnt, you are not into lobster??? Don't like it?? Oh, what I wouldn't do for some seafood that IS seafood and not this stuff they try to serve us here in the midwest, landlock at that!!

But hey, if you don't like lobster, you don't like lobster! But........there is so many of us out there that do!!!!!!!!!!

I have to tell this story, that my first husband and I lived in Rancho Cucamonga, California and he was a scuba diver and he went out and brought home some lobster, but they called them "bugs" in southern california. What the best memory I have ever had!!!

I will not be messing with you for not liking lobster, but you MUST be merry and get together with nice people, which I am SURE that you would. That is your personallity that shines though on this forum. Wished I was there!!!
    Work like you don't need the money; Love like you've never been hurt and Dance like no one is watching!! Koowell Beans!!!!!!!

wannabethere, they call them "bugs" down here to, atleast the divers that catch them @ the Lobsterfest tournament do. I prefer Maine lobster, because of the cold water (and claws!) they are sweeter to me than the warm water ones. It just so happens that my sister who flew down from N.H. yesterday brought some Maine lobster and some N.E. style hot dog buns with her. We feasted on Lobster Rolls and fresh cole slaw for dinner tonight . . . . mmmmmmm I'm livin' large for someone unemployed !!! :P Hope y'all are staying warm up there, it's going to be in the upper 30's here tonight, yucko!!!

Virtual Local

Marcia- you just had to brag

I also prefer the cold water lobsters but you take what you can get. In TN we can't get much of anything that is really good, so fresh in FL is better than frozen in TN.

I'll try to stay on top of the Lobster Fest dates. tic1984 says 18-20. I'm guessing from looking at the calendar this is correct. Sunday is always the big day. After I can verify the dates, I'm booking my room. Hope to see as many of you guys as possible.

Let's keep this going.

Ro
    Life is what you make of it. Learn, grow and change for the better no matter your age.

Virtual Local

Quote Originally Posted by marcia
    wannabethere, they call them "bugs" down here to, atleast the divers that catch them @ the Lobsterfest tournament do. I prefer Maine lobster, because of the cold water (and claws!) they are sweeter to me than the warm water ones. It just so happens that my sister who flew down from N.H. yesterday brought some Maine lobster and some N.E. style hot dog buns with her. We feasted on Lobster Rolls and fresh cole slaw for dinner tonight . . . . mmmmmmm I'm livin' large for someone unemployed !!! :P Hope y'all are staying warm up there, it's going to be in the upper 30's here tonight, yucko!!!
    Hey Marcia! I was just nosying around the forum....I am reading some of your post. You are sooo positive and helpful towards people even though you are not at Schooners. I would not be able to do that! I have been living in my new house in Open Sands and there are lots of Kitties that live here. There are about four that hang out regulary. I gave one some milk and plan to buy some food for the side of my house (so my husband doesnt know) ....I am not sure if they are wild or just like to hang out?! Well..I hope all is well for you. Those Lobster Rolls sounds really good by the way.
    Talk to you soon,
    Sarah Miller
    Sarah Miller