Thread: What's Your Favorite Quote

Registered Member PanamaCityPeople's Avatar

Question What's Your Favorite Quote

Hi everyone,

If you're like me you've ran across quotes from famous, and not so famous, people that you really liked, or that has made a difference in your life.

One of my favorite quotes is...

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. "
    I believe it was Harvey Firestone that said that.

What's your favorite quote?

Last edited by bob_stl; 09-12-2011 at 02:22 PM.

There have been many different things over the course of my life that have reverberated within me. I don't think that any of them made a difference in my life, I think it is just that some of them say something that I knew in my heart or in my gut but had never put to words. The temperament was already there. Some of it I learned by principles instilled by guides such as parents and others that I respected. Some people are very adept at expressing things in prose and others in poetry and music, and things like that sometimes give me a moment to reflect on something that I think is important or remind me why I do things the way that I do in order to be able to respect myself. And some things were learned by trial and error on the street. For instance, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but if something occurs that isn't natural from my past experience, I tend to be little skeptical of their intentions. If I wanted to select a saying that speaks of that, I would use, "beware of wolves in sheep's clothing."

Registered Member PanamaCityPeople's Avatar

Thumbs up Thanks Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by bob_stl View Post
    For instance, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but if something occurs that isn't natural from my past experience, I tend to be little skeptical of their intentions. If I wanted to select a saying that speaks of that, I would use, "beware of wolves in sheep's clothing."

Thanks man, that's a good one. It comes from the Bible. To quote it exactly Matthew 7:15 says "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves."

I think it's also important to remember that sometimes a sheep is really just a sheep as it says in Matthew 10:16 ... "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves."

Anybody else got any good ones? I like the ones that are positive. No offense but I sure don't want to waste my life looking for wolves!

Last edited by bob_stl; 09-12-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Aww shucks! Admin decided this guy should be quiet? He sent me two, very friendly and non condescending PM's. I'm shocked.
    Stay Thirsty....