Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Menu sticker shock

Default Menu sticker shock

Haven't been to PCB in over three years. Just glanced at Schooners menu prices and had to pick jaw up off da floor. This was our favorite watering hole at the beach, but may have to reconsider this time around. I know the economy is bad but dad-gum!
    Keep a song in your heart and the wind in your face. gr

Not trying to take any business away, but we usually go to Schooners for the ambience or for the festivals and events. It has gotten pricey, though. If you like the food, drinks and dining gulfside with lower prices, try Spinnakers. Only thing is...it's usually dead in there and service is slooooooow. The food is pretty much the same...especially the burgers. I think Schooners, the Boatyard and Spinnakers are pretty much owned by the same folks.
    Stay ugly and bitter, my friends.

Virtual Local

two years ago i had a steak at angelos[not good] and the next day went to margaritaville and had their steak[o.k.] and then went to schooners and had the ribeye. schooners steak was hands down the best meal we had that trip. i tried the fried grouper and it was awesome. you get what you pay for.

We're renting a beach house the week of 29th - 5th. Probably just gonna cook our own seafood and steaks. Except for Boars Head's prime rib. Probably will save hundreds.

If you want Ah-mazing seafood/steaks for an awesome price...hit up Pier 77. It looks like a dump, but if you go between 4 and 6, they have two for one drinks, 9.99 specials (shrimp, Ahi tuna, grouper, 8 oz sirloin, etc... with two sides) AND 2.99 raw oysters. Service is good and they are very friendly and it's clean and roomy inside, even though it doesn't appear to be from the outside. If you get your own seafood...I like Cardenas. They have the best smoked tuna dip too. I think most of the restaurants around town use theirs on the appetizer menu. It's very good. Cardenas has excellent conch fritters, which are hard to find. Hope you have an awesome trip. Wishing I was headed down. Looks like it will be February for me unless I can talk the hubby into going down Vet. day weekend.

I had the grouper sandwich when we were down there for Lobster Fest. It was the best I ever had. Market price at the time was 14.00 but I think it was worth every bite! Grouper up here in Atlanta at Publix is going for 21.99 a pound!!!! Big Dave has Michele hooked on their salsa! Thanks Big D!
    A village has lost their idiot.....That be me!!!!

Thumbs up

I have to agree with Dave and Michelle on the salsa. They put cucumber in it along with mystery ingredients and it is oh so good. Probably the best I've ever had.

Thanks, keep the recomendations coming. I need ideas.

Datz rit Big Dave..If you want to have the ultimate [party you got to pay.. Food at schooners is world famious. I don't mind paying for that great stuff. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^T^K^

When we're down there in November, they have lunch specials like mahi tacos or all you can eat fried shrimp at Schooners. Might be worth checking out having lunch instead of dinner there. Same thing with The Boatyard, they have lunch specials, too. The Schooner burger is 10 oz.; that's big enough to split between 2 people.
    If you don't mind driving across the bridge to Panama City, Hunt's Oyster Bar has great food at reasonable prices. They have their menu posted on their website.
    If it doesn't involve the beach, it isn't a real vacation.