Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beach tv

Default Beach tv

For those of you that have a Roku device, Beach TV channel now available free in the channel store.
    I found it last night and watched for 45 min -1 hr before my wife had a fit.
    She said that I drive her crazy with the PCB web cams and now I can watch Beach TV any time.
    They had a piece on The Capt's Table that made me crave some fried grouper.
    And of course a Schooners commercial.
    For a few min I ALMOST felt like I was in PCB, not with the wife having a fit, but with Beach TV.
    Come on Sept!!!! I need it bad.
    A bad day at the beach beats a good day at work.

TOMJ, there is also a link to Beach TV on the Regency Towers site. (:

http://www.tripsmarter.com/travelinf...regency-towers
    I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't have the ability.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMJ View Post
    For a few min I ALMOST felt like I was in PCB, not with the wife having a fit, but with Beach TV.

Quote Originally Posted by TennRiverRoy View Post
    TOMJ, there is also a link to Beach TV on the Regency Towers site. (:

http://www.tripsmarter.com/travelinf...regency-towers
    I have seen that, but watching it on a 55" HDTV is MUCH better than watching it on a 20" monitor.

My husband is going to have it out for you guys now that I have this knowledge. Beach TV drives him crazy because I watch it every time we go down. It's comforting to me even though some of the commercials have stayed the same for about 10 years. My favorite is Club Hour and the Sneak Preview of the restaurants. I miss me some Randy Peterson though.
    Stay ugly and bitter, my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMJ View Post
    I have seen that, but watching it on a 55" HDTV is MUCH better than watching it on a 20" monitor.
    Maybe you need a larger monitor. LOL I have my computer jacked into my HDTV as a second monitor, nice when you have guests over for looking at pictures or whatever.
    I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't have the ability.

I KNOW.... I have a huge monitor that my husband complains about all the time, but I love it, and I can't believe how awesome Beach TV looks in HD on Roku.
    People who have only seen HD the way the cable companies serve it up have no idea what they are missing - the quality is amazing.
    We also can pick Beach TV up over the air with an HD antenna, and it looks like the Roku version - without all the downgrading by cable system - the water and the beach are gorgeous.
    Very cool stuff!

FYI, Beach TV's sister stations also have Roku channels and you might like them, too... Beach TV in Destin has a channel on Roku, as does New Orleans Television, The Atlanta Channel. Beach TV South Carolina and Key West (Key TV) should start this month.
    Toni
    www.tripsmarter.com

What is Roku and how do you get it? We inlanders have something called Comcast and I don't know if that is something I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by pforkum2 View Post
    What is Roku and how do you get it? We inlanders have something called Comcast and I don't know if that is something I can get.
    Roku is a divice that connects to any tv to stream content via the internet, just Google "Roku" and you'll see.
    It streams Netflix and MANY other channels (a lot of them are free).
    We ditched the Dish last year and save about $80 a month.
    A Roku divice will cost $50 -$70, we have 2 of them and love them.
    We were afraid that we were going to miss the DVR on our satellite receiver, but the Hulu plus channel ($8 a month) has all
    of our favorite shows and you can go back and watch every episode of many TV shows.

After reading about you guys talking them up yesterday, I had to buy one. Then I can disconnect my computer from my TV. I had been using that to watch Netflix. I'm hoping most of the other programs on Roku are HD and don't need a subscription. I've got HD with AT&T U-verse and it's awesome and not degraded at all. I'll be moving across the river to Illinois in July and won't have U-verse available. I think we'll still have to have Charter cable for some programs though. Roku looks like it's worth a 70 dollar investment to find out if it's good.