Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beach tv

Quote Originally Posted by bob_stl View Post
    After reading about you guys talking them up yesterday, I had to buy one. Then I can disconnect my computer from my TV. I had been using that to watch Netflix. I'm hoping most of the other programs on Roku are HD and don't need a subscription. I've got HD with AT&T U-verse and it's awesome and not degraded at all. I'll be moving across the river to Illinois in July and won't have U-verse available. I think we'll still have to have Charter cable for some programs though. Roku looks like it's worth a 70 dollar investment to find out if it's good.
    There are many, many channels on the Roku.
    Some do require a subscription, but there are a lot of free channels as well.
    There's more tv available thru the Roku than you could ever watch.
    We especially like Hulu Plus, it's $8 a month.
    And lots of great movie rentals on the Amazon channel.
    A bad day at the beach beats a good day at work.

Registered Member

Wow, thanks TOMJ for sharing this. I don't contribute to this forum much but, I too, love Beachtv and would have never have thought about this. I don't have ROKU, but I fired up my PS3 and did a search and was able to stream it on my tv. Once again, thanks!

Glad to help.
    A bad day at the beach beats a good day at work.

What channel is beach tv down there? I heart watching as well. I like to turn it on while I'm getting ready for dinner. I seriously don't spend much time watching tv at home or at the beach. That's why L gives me so much grief for not being up to speed with pop culture I suppose.
    Stay Thirsty....

I have it on my Ipad. There is an app for it. I watch it there.

Virtual Local

When I am down it is the only channel on when the kids aren't watching disney channel. Not to put too much info out there I love to watch it on my phone while in the bathroom. I will have to look into this roku stuff though. Does it do HD?
    Wishing I was gettin' off 65 onto 331 for the final 175 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by KY_Chuck View Post
    When I am down it is the only channel on when the kids aren't watching disney channel. Not to put too much info out there I love to watch it on my phone while in the bathroom. I will have to look into this roku stuff though. Does it do HD?
    I just bought the HD version with 720p. I have a 1080p TV, but the human eye can't tell the difference on a 40 inch TV at more than a couple feet, and it looked great with HD video from Beach TV. We also watched a movie on Netflix that looked much better through the HDMI connection than it does through the VGA from the computer. I watch a lot of History Channel and Nat Geo etc. so it wouldn't replace my U-verse, but there is easily plenty of programs to make it worth the one time $70.00 price tag.

It was easy to set up on my Wi-Fi. And once you have the box linked to your Roku account, you can take it with you. Of course, for video, you should have at least a 5 Meg per second connection. Especially with HD video. Mine is 12 mps at home which is plenty.

It's channel 7 down there Biggie. When my older bro goes down there, he talks in what he calls his "Beach TV" voice. He sounds just like the guy from the Schooners commercial "A big ole Schooner Burger...and a beer so cold, it'll make your teeth chatter"
    Stay ugly and bitter, my friends.

Virtual Local

I downloaded the beachtv app on my iPhone. I'm extremely hungry now. Thanks a lot.

Can you get your local channels on this Roku thing?
    A village has lost their idiot.....That be me!!!!