Thread: Who is going and when?

Virtual Local

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Hiccup View Post
    Hello fellow Beach Bums.
    Will be going down to PCB on Christmas day and staying till new years day. Curious about where to go to see the best fireworks display. Also what is the fishing like this time of the year.
    Thanks.
    Hello:
    I think the ball dropping at Pier Park is nice for New Years and they have several places to eat. It is usually just packed and depending where your condo is could be a long time getting back to your place. I have seen nice fireworks on the beach also!!!

Fishing should be no problem would think you may find that there are only a few fish you can keep and pricing. There are several around, a few at the Lower Lagoon area... Hope it works out for you , that is the best I can come up with.. Happy New!!!

Virtual Local

ok forum friends...looking for some info. was informed today that the Moonspinner construction will not be complete for our annual trip in April, and that the pool will not be available. We've stayed at the Moonspinner for years now and love it. But not having a pool may be an issue and not sure what kind of construction will be going on... Looked into the Commodore but not sure how much room they have for sitting by the pool...or preferably if they have a sun deck away from the pool enclosure area. Anyone stayed at the Commodore??? Comments helpful...thanks...

I have been staying at the Commodore for many years. The pool area is plenty big considering the amount of units there. There is no separate area with lounge chairs. If you really like the location of the Moonspinner, I would not recommend staying any farther west than the Commodore. You may also want to consider Seaside Villas right next to the Commodore. It has a pool in the courtyard. There aren't as many units on the beach, but the property is very private and peaceful. I'm planning on renting at the Moonspinner this summer instead of the Commodore. The July crowds make Beach real estate hard to come by down there in front of the Commodore.
    Last edited by BigDave; 01-13-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Virtual Local

thanks BigDave....I know you're a seasoned PCB-er like us, and appreciate the info. Right now I have a room at both places and will cross my fingers that we can stay at the Moonspinner...it's our favorite and feels like home.

getting my last comment in...will be there Apr 4 to 15 for more oysters, crab claws and burgers & beer...love that beach

Virtual Local

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by karenfromcanada View Post
    getting my last comment in...will be there Apr 4 to 15 for more oysters, crab claws and burgers & beer...love that beach
    Hello Everyone: we are at the beach now and want to say good bye to everyone (Forum Friends) that we have talked with on this site. We hope everyone has us in their thoughts when the beach is mentioned. Guess we will try to move to FB to see that side of it!!

I didn't know you stayed at the Moonspinner, Dave! My husbands company used to have a couple of units there which is how we came to continue to stay there even after they sold the units. I wish we could still somehow keep in touch with everyone.
    Last edited by pforkum2; 01-30-2017 at 04:17 PM. Reason: forgot to add a name

Pinkteddy---We were down at Thanksgiving and the construction is all on B building. They are redoing/reinforcing the balconies. That's why the pool is out of commission. We were sad but somehow we managed to get in the ocean a little more than usual.
    Maybe they will be able to get ahead of schedule and be finished enough by April. Fingers crossed for you!
    We stay there every year tho we've mainly been going down at Thanksgiving for the last several due to my husbands job. I miss my May and September trips.
    Last edited by pforkum2; 01-30-2017 at 04:26 PM. Reason: forgot name