Thread: Who is going and when?

Virtual Beach Bum

Quote Originally Posted by Lstyle View Post
    We will be in Rocky Point, somewhat near the airport.
    L, you will be right by the causeway that leads to Clearwater Beach. Take the causeway west. If you look on a map, it separates from the eastbound traffic at MLK jr. Avenue. I remember that surprising me the first time and wondering if I turned wrong. Anyway, keep going and cross Clearwater Bay and go 2/3 around the roundabout and there is public parking on the south side of the pier. There are pay machines that take credit cards for parking, but it's not real expensive. I don't remember how much a cabana and chairs were, but it was very reasonable.

You're also close to I 275 which you can take to St. Pete Beach. You go south on 275 to 54th ave/Pinellas Bayway. Take that west all the way to Gulf Blvd and make a right. Go maybe a mile at the most and you will see public parking on the left and a Publix mall on the right. There is a bathroom/change room building in the middle of the parking area. I believe it had showers if I remember right.

Virtual Local

Big dave your pics are sooooooo very awesome and i hope you are having a great vacation and enjoy pcbeach

Well haven't been to this site in quite a long time! Glad to see some familiar faces still around. Not sure if we're making it to PCB this year or not. We decided to take a cruise instead. I love PCB and can't quite give it up, but trying some variety. It will be my third cruise, but the first for my fiance' and my kids. Can't wait! Hoping to still make it to PCB in September, which is SOOO far away, but our cruise is in May, so get to relax on the beach in Mexico this year! I still had to come by and check out the webcams though. I'm missing the beach so bad right now! Hope everyone is doing good around here!
    missing the ocean breeze and the sand between my toes!

Thanks Bob...unfortunately, we never made it to the beach, but caught a Rays game in St. Pete's and went to the aquarium in Clearwater. It is quite nice here, but the beaches in Clearwater were much too crowded for this gal!
    Stay ugly and bitter, my friends.

Thanks Bob...unfortunately, we never made it to the beach, but caught a Rays game in St. Pete's and went to the aquarium in Clearwater. It is quite nice here, but the beaches in Clearwater were much too crowded for this gal!
    was that the aquarium with Winter the dolphin?

Virtual Beach Bum

yeah, Clearwater is too crowded for me, as well. St. Pete beach is a lot better in that regard. Hope your hubby's surgery went well.

Yes, Karen...we got to meet Winter.

Virtual Local

Will see pcbeach in october and everybody enjoy pcbeach when there

Virtual Beach Bum

Quote Originally Posted by stubby View Post
    Will see pcbeach in october and everybody enjoy pcbeach when there
    That's great, stubby I know I feel better just knowing that I have the dates set even if it's months away.

I'll be down for the weekend of May 16th...Woot!