Thread: Who is going and when?

Virtual Beach Bum

Quote Originally Posted by jerryb View Post
    We have arrived! We got here at 4:00 p.m. It took about 20 minutes to get from Hwy 79 at Back Beach Road to Gulf Crest. The crowds are huge! It also took us what seemed forever to check in and get an elevator to the 16th floor. Everybody was arriving at the same time that we did. I can see Treasure Island Condos from our balcony but I wouldn't try walking to Schooners from here. We decided not to go out on the beach today. We are going to dinner early instead. Tonight we are going to Captain Anderson's for dinner. Tomorrow morning My daughter & I are going to Schooners for breakfast. If we can we are going to get the table if front of the Hill Bar Cam. The water is pretty. I had read on the internet that there was lots of green algae, but I haven't seen any.
    have fun Jerry. I'll try to remember to watch for you. I saw a video of the algae on either WJHG or WMBB. It was mostly down in St. Andrews Park. They said that the Jetties trap it in. It looked like a fluorescent green carpet on the beach.

Virtual Beach Bum

Quote Originally Posted by stubby View Post
    Jerry enjoy your long weekend and bigdave awesome beach pics and bob have a blast this fall and you to lstyle enjoy fall break and will be there october 4-11 for fall break, everybody enjoy schooners and pcbeach
    you enjoy your fall vacation too, stubby!

Quote Originally Posted by stubby View Post
    Jerry enjoy your long weekend and bigdave awesome beach pics and bob have a blast this fall and you to lstyle enjoy fall break and will be there october 4-11 for fall break, everybody enjoy schooners and pcbeach
    Thanks Stubby! We are enjoying our trip. I know you will enjoy yours. It's impossible not to enjoy Panama City Beach. I hope all of my forum friends enjoy themselves at PCB this year.
    I chose the road less traveled, now I don't know where the hell I am!

Quote Originally Posted by bob_stl View Post
    have fun Jerry. I'll try to remember to watch for you. I saw a video of the algae on either WJHG or WMBB. It was mostly down in St. Andrews Park. They said that the Jetties trap it in. It looked like a fluorescent green carpet on the beach.
    Thanks Bob, I will let everyone know, on this thread, when we are there if we are able to get that table. I hope the algae stays at St. Andrews. I hope you have a great trip also.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryb View Post
    Thanks Bob, I will let everyone know, on this thread, when we are there if we are able to get that table. I hope the algae stays at St. Andrews. I hope you have a great trip also.
    OK! We aren't going to Schooners for breakfast today. My daughter couldn't get out of bed early enough. We will try for August.

wish I was there today...we have thunder, lightning and 66 degrees, hasn't really felt like summer here yet

Virtual Beach Bum

Quote Originally Posted by karenfromcanada View Post
    wish I was there today...we have thunder, lightning and 66 degrees, hasn't really felt like summer here yet
    Thunderstorms sound pretty good to me right now. It's been real dry lately. The temps have been great though. Besides a couple of days here and there, we've had highs in the low 80's for a few weeks now. It's usually in the upper 90's this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_stl View Post
    Thunderstorms sound pretty good to me right now. It's been real dry lately. The temps have been great though. Besides a couple of days here and there, we've had highs in the low 80's for a few weeks now. It's usually in the upper 90's this time of year.
    We've had tons of rain here & temps mostly in the mid to upper 70's. We haven't been in our pool even once this summer 'cause it's been too darn cold. On the positive side, our a/c bill is next to nothing! It's supposed to get into the mid to upper 80's next week, though. One month of summer this year, I guess.
    If it doesn't involve the beach, it isn't a real vacation.

Headed down for Labor Day Weekend...really hoping for some nice weather. Summer was way too brief this year.
    Stay ugly and bitter, my friends.

Virtual Local

Booked at Treasure Island Sept 17-24!!!! Can't wait..like Mrs.Peel said we haven't had a decent summer here...to much rain and cool temps...crops don't look as good as they could be....but theres always PCB to look forward to and Lobster Fest