Thread: Who is going and when?

Virtual Beach Bum

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Peel View Post
    I'd like to hear your opinion of Hook'd. It's on my list of places to try.
    P.S. I like your new signature. Who knew Superman had grandkids?

Hook'd has good food. I can't say that I remember what sandwiches I've gotten, but I know we both liked it. We take the dogs to the beach a couple of times during the week and they are welcome at Hook'd so it's kind of convenient too. Like most places there, I think it's overpriced. But I'm sure I'll be the grumpy old man complaining about the price of mashed potatoes at the old folks buffet one of these days. The server's have so far seemed to be inexperienced, but I guess they have to start somewhere. In any event, I don't think you will be disappointed with the food.

You know, Mrs. Peel, Metropolis Illinois is just a hop, skip and a bound away from St. Louis. I'm just sayin'... We pass by my house, er.. I mean, Metropolis on our way to PCB too.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_stl View Post
    Hook'd has good food. I can't say that I remember what sandwiches I've gotten, but I know we both liked it. We take the dogs to the beach a couple of times during the week and they are welcome at Hook'd so it's kind of convenient too. Like most places there, I think it's overpriced. But I'm sure I'll be the grumpy old man complaining about the price of mashed potatoes at the old folks buffet one of these days. The server's have so far seemed to be inexperienced, but I guess they have to start somewhere. In any event, I don't think you will be disappointed with the food.

You know, Mrs. Peel, Metropolis Illinois is just a hop, skip and a bound away from St. Louis. I'm just sayin'... We pass by my house, er.. I mean, Metropolis on our way to PCB too.

Love the picture!
    I know what you mean about prices. I used to gripe about the price of food in PCB until we went to New Orleans for a week. Holy crap! Now I just roll with it and figure it's the price of having fun.
    If it doesn't involve the beach, it isn't a real vacation.

Went to Schooners last night for dinner and for the lobster specials. I ended up getting the lobster bisque and the fellas got wings. It was all very good and we had really awesome service. We also tried a place called the Wharf Express by Walmart and it was very reasonable and delicious. The ambience kind of resembled the catfish places we have around town, but it is a great spot for a quick lunch. The weather got gnarly on us yesterday and downright scary last night, but we made it home in one piece.
    Stay ugly and bitter, my friends.

I'd like to hear your opinion of Hook'd. It's on my list of places to try.
    P.S. I like your new signature. Who knew Superman had grandkids?
    We ate at Hooked Sunday while we were waiting for the Beach Ball Drop. I had a grilled fish sandwich. My wife had the Bay Crab Claws & my daughter had the fried shrimp dinner. We enjoyed it. We will go back again.
    I chose the road less traveled, now I don't know where the hell I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Lstyle View Post
    Went to Schooners last night for dinner and for the lobster specials. I ended up getting the lobster bisque and the fellas got wings. It was all very good and we had really awesome service. We also tried a place called the Wharf Express by Walmart and it was very reasonable and delicious. The ambience kind of resembled the catfish places we have around town, but it is a great spot for a quick lunch. The weather got gnarly on us yesterday and downright scary last night, but we made it home in one piece.
    Glad you made it home safely. That same weather line came through where we live too. Lost power and a couple of trees, but all is well now.
    Thanks for the tip about Wharf Express. I've been lamenting the demise of Montego Bay & the Boatyard, so this gives me another place to put on my list to try.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryb View Post
    We ate at Hooked Sunday while we were waiting for the Beach Ball Drop. I had a grilled fish sandwich. My wife had the Bay Crab Claws & my daughter had the fried shrimp dinner. We enjoyed it. We will go back again.
    Thanks for the review; sounds great! Moving Hook'd to the top of the list!

Virtual Beach Bum

Quote Originally Posted by Lstyle View Post
    Whew! Glad everything went okay for you there. I saw some of the damage on WJHG and WMBB. Like Mrs. Peel, that same line of storms went through here. Nothing too bad in our specific area, but did have a tormando touch down a few miles away.

Virtual Local

Glad you made it home safely. That same weather line came through where we live too. Lost power and a couple of trees, but all is well now.
    Thanks for the tip about Wharf Express. I've been lamenting the demise of Montego Bay & the Boatyard, so this gives me another place to put on my list to try.
    OK!!! What did I miss?!?!?! What is up with The Boatyard?
    It's five o'clock somewhere!

Virtual Beach Bum

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    OK!!! What did I miss?!?!?! What is up with The Boatyard?
    The Boatyard closed, Coach. And there's this fella by the name of Barack Obama who is now President of the United States.

Just kidding. It closed at the end of last year.
    http://www.newsherald.com/news/busin...-site-1.243831

Bud and Alley's who have a restaurant in Seaside moved in to The Boatyard facility, but they closed up shop after just a few months.

Virtual Local

Thanks Bob.

I went back and found found the thread on the Boatyard. As far as your comment on the President....I was hoping that nightmare was over.
    It's five o'clock somewhere!