Thread: Who is going and when?

Virtual Local

Thank you Mrs. Peel and Bob! First day was great, and got my schedule today - I'm working double the hours I expected, so really going to push for September. So excited I can't stand it! For those that missed when I posted about it before, the last time I went on vacation was to PCB in 1994! Still going to have to be as cheap as possible about it, but I think it will be doable. Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    Thank you Mrs. Peel and Bob! First day was great, and got my schedule today - I'm working double the hours I expected, so really going to push for September. So excited I can't stand it! For those that missed when I posted about it before, the last time I went on vacation was to PCB in 1994! Still going to have to be as cheap as possible about it, but I think it will be doable. Woot!
    If you haven't been to PCB since '94, you won't recognize it. 95% of the Mom n' Pop motels are gone. Restaurants and watering holes have come and gone, but Schooners is still there!
    If it doesn't involve the beach, it isn't a real vacation.

Virtual Local

I noticed the thing that looked like the Space Needle (I think it was used by a radio station) is gone now. I figured it was probably victim to a hurricane. I think the most shocking part will probably be the prices! Over a hundred for one hour on a jet ski? Technically they could make a thousand bucks a day renting those things, so they could afford a new one every few days. That's pretty steep. Any tips for great deals or secret low-cost things will be appreciated!

Virtual Local

be there the week of october 5th at the TI condo its very nice there and like walking over to schooners. hi jodi you will have fun at pcbeach .

I Any tips for great deals or secret low-cost things will be appreciated!

If you are going in Sept. don't be afraid to negotiate a better price. once the free spending summer tourists are back home paying off their Visa card. the beach vendors are looking to make some bucks before the real slow down in Nov. and Dec. This last March some on the Beach paid $35.00 per hour for a jet ski while others paid $60.00 just by not asking. The kid on the beach gets paid by the hour and also a bit of what he rents. He doesn't want you to walk away. I paid $150.00 for a pontoon boat for the day, talked to some people who paid almost $300.00 for the same( they reserved on the Adventures at sea web site)(Boy were they Pissed)
    Last edited by PCBSNOWBIRD; 05-10-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    WHY DON'T GAS STATIONS HAVE A "HAPPY HOUR"????

I noticed the thing that looked like the Space Needle (I think it was used by a radio station) is gone now. I figured it was probably victim to a hurricane. I think the most shocking part will probably be the prices! Over a hundred for one hour on a jet ski? Technically they could make a thousand bucks a day renting those things, so they could afford a new one every few days. That's pretty steep. Any tips for great deals or secret low-cost things will be appreciated!
    Jodi, the tower you are talking about had to be taken down several years ago because the steel framework had rusted to the point that it was unsafe, it wasn't due to a hurricane. I have a picture somewhere that showed them blasting the base and it toppled over toward the beach to be dismantled.
    I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't have the ability.

Virtual Local

Thank you Snowbird - I'll try that!
    And thanks for that update Tenn. It was such a good reference point when out exploring. Always knew where the hotel was by that thing.

The Top of the Strip tower was brought down in 1996 because of damage it received from Hurricane Opal in 1995. Here is a You Tube link of the demolition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqZAlhgxKYY
    Last edited by lite12; 05-11-2013 at 12:56 PM.
    A village has lost their idiot.....That be me!!!!

Virtual Local

Awww, poor tower And then the Treasure Ship burned down

And the Miracle Strip Amusement Park closed. I still stand by my post that the Tower was brought down because of rusting superstructure.
    I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't have the ability.