Thread: Who is going and when?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Deb View Post
    Big Dave, great pics as usual! I am sure you had a great time. Trying to get down there in late Sept or early Oct with my friend from CA. Girls trip! Can't wait. Any suggestions on where to stay with 2 bedrooms, beach view, nice place, under or around $1000 for a week? Have always stayed at The Summitt. But looking to venture out. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I think you could rent from any property for under $1000 a week in the fall. The farther east you can stay on Thomas Drive, the better. I suggest Treasure Island. Just go search VRBO.com and find a deal.
    Stay Thirsty....

Thanks, Big Dave and (Another Deb) I will check both of your suggestions out! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by PCBDevotee View Post
    Hey, Little Deb. I can suggest Mariner West. Lots of condos to chose from. They have one and two bedroom, with the two bedrooms being located on the ends of the building. If you want a 2-bdrm, go with one of the condos numbered "10", i.e., 310, 610, etc. Those 2-bdrms are located on the end of the Mariner West building where you get a good view of sunset! The other end, not so good (there's another condo in the way). We stay there every year. Have come to love it. Plus the rates go down after Labor Day (as with all places). Check them out (www.MarinerWest.com). You can literally view pics of all the condos to find one you like. Plus the building is only 6 stories tall, so it's a very intimate place. We'll be down there 10/2-10/12 in Unit 309. Contact us if you make it down!
    PCB Devotee (another Deb)
    Deb, I looked at these but they didn't show anything on the rooms that ended in 10 As of 310. Do you have to go to VRBO for that? They looked nice, though.

Virtual Local

Deb, I looked at these but they didn't show anything on the rooms that ended in 10 As of 310. Do you have to go to VRBO for that? They looked nice, though.
    Not sure if you have to go to VRBO or not, Little Deb. We've never rented a 2-bdrm so I never noticed that they weren't listed. If you go to the Mariner West website, there's a toll free number you can call. Ask to speak to Shirley (manager) and see if she can give you any information. Regards.
    A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

We are going back to Panama City Beach tomorrow. We are staying at Gulf Crest this trip. We are staying a week this time. We are looking forward to lots of fun & food and avoiding the hurricane.
    I chose the road less traveled, now I don't know where the hell I am!

Virtual Local

Quote Originally Posted by jerryb View Post
    We are going back to Panama City Beach tomorrow. We are staying at Gulf Crest this trip. We are staying a week this time. We are looking forward to lots of fun & food and avoiding the hurricane.
    Good for you Jerry!! I will stay at Gulf Crest in Jan 2016, please let us know how things go ..I have not stayed there for a while so things may have changed. The builder of Gulf Crest also built Treasure Island so the rooms have are similar look but a little bigger at Gulf Crest ....Have fun and hope you miss any bad weather!!!

Virtual Local

Jerryb have awesome vacation and have lots of fun and enjoy sand,surf,and sun

Quote Originally Posted by PCBDevotee View Post
    Not sure if you have to go to VRBO or not, Little Deb. We've never rented a 2-bdrm so I never noticed that they weren't listed. If you go to the Mariner West website, there's a toll free number you can call. Ask to speak to Shirley (manager) and see if she can give you any information. Regards.
    Thanks, PCBDevotee! Ended up booking at Seychelles on the 20th floor. Can't wait. Will be there 9/26 thur 9/30, then we are driving up to Gatlinburg, TN. Should be a good trip. Getting excited!!

Quote Originally Posted by jerryb View Post
    Hope you are having a great time Jerry! I almost booked at Gulf Crest. Isn't that close to The Summit? Let me know what you think about it. We will be staying at Seychelles this time. I guess I am lost. Is there a threat of a hurricane? I hope not for you. I better start watching the weather a little closer! Have a great time!

Hope you are having a great time Jerry! I almost booked at Gulf Crest. Isn't that close to The Summit? Let me know what you think about it. We will be staying at Seychelles this time. I guess I am lost. Is there a threat of a hurricane? I hope not for you. I better start watching the weather a little closer! Have a great time!
    We are having a fabulous time. The water is gorgeous. It is the aqua color that we all dream of & no seaweed anywhere. We saw a few jellyfish but I don't know of anyone getting stung and we a lot of other people have been in the water everyday. The weather is perfect. There hasn't been any rain since we got here. The hurricane weakened to a tropical storm on Saturday and should die out before it reaches Panama City Beach.

Dimesurfer, Gulf Crest is as nice as ever. They keep the place to a high standard. It has become our new favorite place to stay.

Deb, Sugar Beach is just to the west of Gulf Crest and Summit is just to the west of Sugar Beach. We are very close to Summit.

Tonight we are eating at the Shrimp Boat in St Andrews. We have never eaten there.

Hope everyone is having a great week.
    I chose the road less traveled, now I don't know where the hell I am!