Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Spring break

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    ar ouse
    Posts
    9

    Default Spring break


  2. #2
    Virtual Local
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    110

    Default

    just got back from a wonderful 10 vaca in PCB....for the most part we weren't bothered by spring breakers. We do try and stay away from their area though. However, one night we needed a quick Walmart stop and I was actually very uncomfortable in there. It was around 10 pm and the place was full of thug look alikes and very unruly people. Normally, it's just the young and dumb, but I was really glad to get the heck out of there. I applaud your council and law enforcement for making all these efforts to keep PCB family friendly and safe. It cannot be easy.

  3. #3
    Moderator jerryb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Montgomery, AL
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkteddy View Post
    just got back from a wonderful 10 vaca in PCB....for the most part we weren't bothered by spring breakers. We do try and stay away from their area though. However, one night we needed a quick Walmart stop and I was actually very uncomfortable in there. It was around 10 pm and the place was full of thug look alikes and very unruly people. Normally, it's just the young and dumb, but I was really glad to get the heck out of there. I applaud your council and law enforcement for making all these efforts to keep PCB family friendly and safe. It cannot be easy.
    There is a Walmart on Back Beach Road next to Pier Park that is very nice.
    I chose the road less traveled, now I don't know where the hell I am!

  4. #4
    Virtual Local
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    110

    Default

    I know...but we were at the Maze and didn't want to go that far just for a few things.

  5. #5
    Virtual Local
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    82

    Default

    So sad to see this happen to a beautiful beach...we stayed in Destin 6 yrs ago and drove to PCB....the traffic was horrible....we didn't go to the beach though...its getting out of hand now

  6. #6
    Virtual Local
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    110

    Default

    it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out...will this be the end of spring break by the college kids in PCB? wondering where they'll move to?

  7. #7
    Virtual Local TennRiverRoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkteddy View Post
    it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out...will this be the end of spring break by the college kids in PCB? wondering where they'll move to?

    They will probably move back to Ft. Lauderdale, where they were booted from before...then the cycle will begin again.
    I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't have the ability.

  8. #8
    Moderator jerryb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Montgomery, AL
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkteddy View Post
    it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out...will this be the end of spring break by the college kids in PCB? wondering where they'll move to?
    Destin, Fort Walton
    I chose the road less traveled, now I don't know where the hell I am!

  9. #9
    Virtual Local TennRiverRoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    360

    Default

    I doubt that they would move to the Destin Ft. Walton area, jerryb. They come for the big blowout concerts at La Vela and Spinnaker...there's nothing like that in Destin / Ft. Walton.
    I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't have the ability.

  10. #10
    Moderator jerryb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Montgomery, AL
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TennRiverRoy View Post
    I doubt that they would move to the Destin Ft. Walton area, jerryb. They come for the big blowout concerts at La Vela and Spinnaker...there's nothing like that in Destin / Ft. Walton.
    I didn't think of that.
    I chose the road less traveled, now I don't know where the hell I am!

Similar Threads

  1. Spring Break
    By indygirl59 in forum Schooners - Local Gossip
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-29-2013, 12:35 PM
  2. Spring Break Over?
    By gagirl in forum Schooners - Local Gossip
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 11:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •