Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spring break

Quote Originally Posted by TennRiverRoy View Post
    I doubt that they would move to the Destin Ft. Walton area, jerryb. They come for the big blowout concerts at La Vela and Spinnaker...there's nothing like that in Destin / Ft. Walton.
    Fast forward one year. Spring Breakers are flocking to Gulf Shores & Orange Beach, Alabama.
    In Gulf Shores police there were 177 arrests for minors in possession of alcohol, 38 arrests for public intoxication and 293 overall arrests from 6 a.m. on March 5 to 6 a.m. on March 17. Orange Beach Police reported between March 1 and March 17 there were 247 arrests for minors in possession of alcohol, six for public intoxication and 315 overall arrests. On March 18 during a special council meeting, the Gulf Shores City Council unanimously adopted an ordinance to prohibit the possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages along the entire Gulf beaches in the city. The ban on alcohol is in effect from March 1 through April 17.
    I chose the road less traveled, now I don't know where the hell I am!

We are here now...very quiet compared to past years. Some of the kids are shuttling over to Shell Island with all their drinks and stuff, they can still drink there

Man o war jellies on the beach, watch where you walk friends

Quote Originally Posted by jerryb View Post
    Fast forward one year. Spring Breakers are flocking to Gulf Shores & Orange Beach, Alabama.
    In Gulf Shores police there were 177 arrests for minors in possession of alcohol, 38 arrests for public intoxication and 293 overall arrests from 6 a.m. on March 5 to 6 a.m. on March 17. Orange Beach Police reported between March 1 and March 17 there were 247 arrests for minors in possession of alcohol, six for public intoxication and 315 overall arrests. On March 18 during a special council meeting, the Gulf Shores City Council unanimously adopted an ordinance to prohibit the possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages along the entire Gulf beaches in the city. The ban on alcohol is in effect from March 1 through April 17.
    Yep, I didn't see that ban on alcohol on the beach coming.
    I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't have the ability.

Virtual Local

I would have thought that each town in the panhandle would have considered this as a possible problem for this year since PCB did their beach thing!!!!!
    If you look at the type of customer that Destin has vs PCB it totally different!!!! Watch their web cams and eating places it is over the top better there !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dimesurfer View Post
    I would have thought that each town in the panhandle would have considered this as a possible problem for this year since PCB did their beach thing!!!!!
    If you look at the type of customer that Destin has vs PCB it totally different!!!! Watch their web cams and eating places it is over the top better there !!!!
    I hope that's where Panama City Beach will be in 2 to 3 years. My family was in Orange Beach, Alabama March 19 - 23. It was like PCB last year.
    I chose the road less traveled, now I don't know where the hell I am!

Virtual Local

T minus 4 and counting....and since we have snow showers predicted all week....I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

I doubt that they would move to the Destin Ft. Walton area, jerryb. They come for the big blowout concerts at La Vela and Spinnaker...there's nothing like that in Destin / Ft. Walton.

whats up big man redy to hang again at schooners.. was there new years eve for the party was great.. rained all the way down from Georgia. didn't leave until 2.15 got there at 7.30 got dark in doathon at 4.30 that day had a hardf time seeing how to drive.. at least the road reflectors got really good at the florida line. helps out blind drivers like me.
    haaa haaa

Yep, I didn't see that ban on alcohol on the beach coming.
    hey the kids said they got just so much money to spend on aolchol and they gonna drank it all up that much quicker. Dat what dey say.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM KAT View Post

whats up big man redy to hang again at schooners.. was there new years eve for the party was great.. rained all the way down from Georgia. didn't leave until 2.15 got there at 7.30 got dark in doathon at 4.30 that day had a hardf time seeing how to drive.. at least the road reflectors got really good at the florida line. helps out blind drivers like me.
    haaa haaa
    Hey Tom Kat, good to hear from you, getting about time to hit the Hill bar for some shots of Patron dont'cha think?....GOOD TIMES!!!! ^_^
    I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't have the ability.