Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dimesurfer View Post
    Thanx for the info, will need to check it out. I like staying at different places as long as they are nice and I am sure that one is!!!
    I think with this older property you'd just need to research well how well each individual unit has been kept. I don't think the site has any maintenance workers. I saw the contractors come in and mow the courtyard. There is no office on the property. The pool was clear everyday, but there were small weeds growing in some of the cracks in the cement around it. You could probably get a decent rate in one of these. The 2BR I rented was $1100ish for the week coming to $1300 after tax and cleaning. The units are large (1400 sq ft with 2 bedrooms downstairs and the living room/dining/kitchen upstairs, 2 1/2 baths) and this particular one would sleep 8 if you used their blow up queen mattress. It was a little congested on the beach for my liking due to the fact that it's near Schooners. People flood in there to beach access 4&5 because of the large parking lot and there's also another lot just across Thomas Drive. It's the same story in front of Treasure Island and Seychelles. The beach is very congested as shrinks in front of Treasure Island. Of all the places I've stayed over the years... I much prefer to stay east of Treasure Island. The Commodore and Sea Side Villas are my preferred condos. The Moonspinner is a little further east and it's wide open spaces out there towards St. Andrews State Park. There are no public beach access points past The Commodore to the east. I pay the same rate for a top floor unit at The Commodore as I paid at Windsong. The elevators can be a pain on Saturdays but the view in both directions make up for it.
    Stay Thirsty....

Virtual Local

Thanx Big Dave, Your thoughts will work for my needs!!! I like the eastside of the beach also. Have not stayed at Moonspinner, may try that !!!

You're welcome. You'll be pleased with the location at the Moonspinner. Seaside Villas are awesome too. If you have kids or grandkids you can let them roam freely in the courtyard at the pool and watch them from your screened in balcony. All units have a view of the Gulf. I'll be back down to my favorite end of the beach 2 weeks from today. Hopefully it is cooler than West GA is right now. It hit 100F today and it's still 95 at nearly 8PM. Not cool. ( Literally )
    Stay Thirsty....

Decided I'd come back and hang here a while :-)

Virtual Local

Great pics big dave and enjoy pcbeach

Virtual Local

I have to agree with Stubby, you take a great pic!!!!